- Put oil or shea butter on your scalp. I do this once a week because I do not want build up.
- Spray a leave-in on it. Stores sell a wide variety of braid leave in sprays as well as anti-itch sprays.
- DO NOT SCRATCH!!! When you scratch your scalp you are damaging it. Plus you will cause hair to break at the root. Pat your head, rub, but DO NOT SCRATCH!!!
- For the first week to two weeks, DO NOT PULL YOUR HAIR BACK IN ANY STYLE!!! Your edges are very sensitive. You will pull them out because the weight of the ponytail will put tension on your hair causing them to be pulled out! ***If you want your hair pulled out of your face, lightly put a ponytail holder around the middle of your hair making a lose pony tail***
- You can wash your braids if you have scalp build up. Do it gently.
- If you are going to style your braids, chose a style with less tension or pulling on the braids.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
In order to keep your hair healthy and moisturized while in braids, there are several things you can do.
Posted by G Monet