- I swore that as long as it said no mineral oil, petroleum, parabens, -ates, and cones I was all good.
- Who cares about porosity and lifted follicles.
- I knew that braids, cornrolls, and kinky twists was the best way to go for protective hair styles at all times.
- I knew washing your hair once a week was horrible.
- Co-washing daily is the truth.
- Wide tooth combs is the best way to go to detangle.
At first I watched her videos over and over. I absorbed so much of what she was saying. I understood on a more scientific level. But I could not listen to this one woman alone. I knew that I had to do research. She did mention 2 books to read. One was Grow it by Chicoro and Ultra Black Hair Growth II by Cathy Howse. I decided I wanted to read these books on my nook so I was looking for the ebook version when I stumbled across this little booklet about hair. CLICK HERE I read this booklet slowly absorbing everything. I learned so much from this booklet. I learned how my hairs are flat and elliptical shaped. How follicules open and close and you need things with higher ph to close things! OMG! What have I been thinking? What have I been listening to? OMG!!!
When we see all of those chemicals on the back of bottles, I understand them now. They are emulsifiers, thickeners, preservatives, and some of them do moisturize. But most of them are good for your skin and not as good for your hair.
In order to find out whether is is good or bad for your hair you can also use this site. CLICK HERE Kimmaytube put me on this as well. It is shows what is good and bad for your hair, skin, body, babies, etc. It is a great site. it also explains these products and why they are hazardous. I am so blown, confused, and I really need to rethink my hair teachings.