Thursday, December 30, 2010
2. You should be healthy
3. Reasons you should not hot appliances.
4. How NEVER to use a hair brush.
5. The proper use of chemicals.
6. Recommended readings.
I do not want to give each and every detail because I feel you should highly read this book. If you are a new natural it is best that you learn early. if you are an old natural, perhaps you could learn a few tips. I love this book and as one of my New Years goals, I am going to do her regimen.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
1. Trimming your ends does not make your hair grow.
2. Wash your hair frequently. At least once a week.
3. Moisturize your hair daily.
4. if your hair dresser hair is crappy why trust her on yours.
5. PH balance of hair and products.
6. No brushes.
7. Do research and use common sense!!!
I am on chapter 2 and I love this book! I am going to try her regimen The Monday after New Years weekend and Keep track of my journey.But I am going to Keep reading and updating you all.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
- I swore that as long as it said no mineral oil, petroleum, parabens, -ates, and cones I was all good.
- Who cares about porosity and lifted follicles.
- I knew that braids, cornrolls, and kinky twists was the best way to go for protective hair styles at all times.
- I knew washing your hair once a week was horrible.
- Co-washing daily is the truth.
- Wide tooth combs is the best way to go to detangle.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
1a. Straight - Soft, shiny, fine, difficult to curl, thin, oily, and hard to damage.
1b. Straight - Volume, body, thick
1c. Straight - Course, hard, to curl, straight. Think Asain.
2a.Wavy - S pattern, thin, fine, can be styled.
2b.Wavy - Frizzy, medium texture, a little hard to style.
2c. Wavy - Style resistant, very frizzy, course, thicker waves.
3a. Curly - Mix of different textures, loose curls, full, thick, frizzy, and S pattern. Hair tends to have a combination texture.
3b.Curly - Mix textures, medium curl amounts, tight curls.
4a.Kinky - Tight Coils, soft, fragile, more moisture then 4b, and defined curl pattern.
4b. Kinky - Fragile, tightly coiled, Z pattern shape, less defined curls, shrinks up, needs moisture and wiry.
Monday, December 6, 2010
This conditioner is one of thee best conditioners you will ever buy. It is cheap 100% organic and very efficient. This conditioner is so simple that you could combine it with other ingredients to make you a deep conditioner..it is not harsh and you can use it as a leave in as well. I love this stuff! I wish I could buy it by the gallons. This kills the Suave Naturals Shea and Almond Conditioner.
Smell: Light & Great
Ingredients- Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba, organic echinacea, organic willow bark, organic sea kelp, organic chamomile flower, organic textured soy protein, organic lavender, organic grapefruit citrus, Tocopherol (Vit E), Acetamide MEA, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, propylparaben, botanical fragrance
The ingredients are pure as well. You always want a water based conditioner. Actually with any natural product the first 5 ingredients should be edible or natural. The preserving chemicals do not come until later, but they are not harsh and there is only small amounts. It has no, sulfates, mineral oil, or petroleum jelly.
NOTE:After doing more research, the parabens in this product are not that good, they are fair. The Cosmetics Database (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/) tells you the harshness of products and ingredients.
Monday, November 29, 2010
The purses are beautiful and the clothing is very unique. They range in all plus sizes. This is a great place to go to for everyday, party, and formal Items. The owner is very friendly and so is the staff. the bags are also presented with gift wrap! They really make sure you leave happy & satisfied!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Smell: Like Perm
This product is made up of all foods and extracts. It is so organic and natural that it has an EXPIRATION DATE! It is very thin, but still is creamy. It coated my 4c hair very well. I love the feeling of moisture my hair had even after I rinsed it out. I did leave this product on overnight and it worked great as a deep conditioner.
However, I am not sure if it works so well because I thoroughly washed my hair before I used it. I do not know if it will work on dirty hair like the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. I love this product and I am going to continue using it until it expires.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
I have a sincere question that I hope you wont take the wrong way. Why the concern for the chemicals and unnatural ingredients in your hair products but not the same concern for what you put into your body? Ive seen vids where you say you take non FDA approved diet pills instead of going natural with the food you eat to lose weight. Why not be concerned in both areas especially since what goes inside is a little more important than what we put on our hair? ThanksSo I answered:
lol no offense taken, and you are right for asking. I take the same precaution with my hair as i do with my body. i have researched each ingredient in the pills like i have with the products that go in my hair. i am a healthy eater and i also take vitamins. I put pure things in my hair like I do with myself. I do not put as much "harmful" food in me and the same with my hair. I treat mineral oil/fried foods the same way if you catch my drift. thanks for ur ? imma blog about this
Thursday, November 18, 2010
It detangles very well and is heat resistant. You can use this comb to do a blow out. You can blow a warm dryer on it while doing your blow out and it won’t bend. This is a great comb to detangled your hair when it is parted in small seconds. You would use this comb after using your wide tooth comb. I absolutely love this comb!
Monday, November 15, 2010
16 oz Raw Unrefined Shea Butter (the darker the yellow the better)
2 tbsp Avocado oil
2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Safflower Oil
2 tbsp Sweet Almond Oil
2 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
1 tbsp Liquid Lanolin
1 tsp Tea Tree Oil
1 tsp Jojoba Oil
1 tsp Vitamin E Oil
Vanilla, Peppermint, Lavender
Ylang Ylang, Sandlewood,
Rosemary Essential Oils
(italicized: carrier oils/ bold: preservative/ underlined: very moisturizing)
- Melt down your shea butter. (DO NOT melt it down all the way or cause it to boil!)
- Add your Jojoba & Vitamin E Oil
- Whip the mix for 5-7 minutes
- Place the mix in the fridge for 5-10 min
- Take the mix out and whip it for 5-7 minutes
- Add your carrier oils and whip the mix for 5-10 min
- Place mix in the fridge for 5-10 min
- Add your essential oils. (*** NOTE: if you have a large amount of shea butter and carrier oils, you will have to place over 100 drops of your essential oils. If you want your shea to smell strong and have good nutrients you have to add this amount.
- Whip you mixture for 15 minutes
|After the first step.|
|You can see it getting this after the fridge and all the whipping.|
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
IF YOU ARE UP, I AM UP! WHEN YOU SAID, "I WISH YOU WERE UP TO SAY STAY STRONG OR SOMETHING" I JUST DID! CAUSE IF YOU KNOW THAT'S WHAT I'D SAY.....IT IS SO AND SAID!......Just you knowing that I'm there for you to even send this email, Just you knowing what I'd say and how and Just you knowing that this one grade don't stops the dame SHOW- is JUST it!.....SELF WORTH & POWER. Those people, EVERYONE OF THEM sees your strength and power..YOU DO TO! Feeling the pain of this ONE failing grade is there for a reason...Only God is perfect. So, Get up, Brush yourself off, Super glue them dame glasses and keep it moving like only YOU know how to!,
-From My Mother
Sunday, November 7, 2010
This stuff is GREAT!!! The cost of this is really cheap. It is even cheaper than Say Yes to Carrots. For a deep treatment masque this stuff is really great, it has a vast amount of essential oils as well as extracts that really help your hair. It is also very thick and coats the hair really well. This product can also double into a leave in conditioner and a hair styling cream. This products also mixes very well with other conditioners and oils.
I like to put this product in my hair and leave it on over night. When I rinse it out my hair feels really soft and conditioned. I would give this product a 10/10 or 2 thumbs up! Cheap great deep treatment this is the way to go, and it is made for people with thick dry hair… aka ME!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
- Shea Butter needs to be warmed in a double boiler.
- You need a hand blender.
- You need to know what oils to mix.
- DO NOT use these oils undiluted or digest these oils.
- This process will take a strong 2 hours!
- Use MAJORITY shea butter and carrier oils and drops of essential oils.
- SHEA BUTTER IS FLAMMABLE!!!
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
October 10, 2010- Cornrolls and Two Strand Twists
- I rubbed this oil mixture I made in my dry crusty hair.
- After that I took some Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque and mixed it with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner. (I put glops and glops of that on my hair.)
- I then put a shower cap on my head and tied it up with TWO scarves. I left this on for 24hours.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Shead Scale: 7/10 (10 bad)
Tangle Scale: 6/10
Would I Buy it Again: YUP!
This hair is a very great brand of hair in several ways. It curls and straightens beautifully. It is also semi-easy to detangle.I knots up very bad. It also makes a horrible itch in your head. This itch was far worst then with the other hair I had. I did not enjoy that at all. I had to comb my hair way more then a few times an hour. It shead like a dog!!!! Its sheading was horrible. not as bad as some track I seen but it is gross!!! i have hair everywhere!!! Because this hair was 1B it was dark. If you got it wet in the slightest a black reside would be left on your clothing and/or face and/or hands, whatever it touched. It also caused my face to break out HORRIBLY. I had long hair before with bangs and swooshes... EVERYTHING but this stuff here did thee most to my face. The next day after i removed it and washed my face, my face did a 360! If you love track and it is your thing, then by all mean BUY IT. People who live, sweat and breath track would like this, but because this is my first time seriously dealing with track, I did not like it. I did hear that the Milky Way Permed hair is better. I would buy it again for it to be professionally done.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
If white people had kinky, curly, coiled hair, and black people had long, straight, shiny hair, then would we get texturizers to make our hair curly like theirs. Would afro's be a great look in the the work place and straight hair un-assimilated... Hmmm... What do you think?
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
- This hair is beautiful.
- I love the curls and I love how it looks and feels.
- I do love that you can convert it from straight to curly.
- Its thick and worth the $30 a pack.
- If you add any product to this hair you have to wash it within the next 2 days. DO NOT ADD PRODUCTS IT WILL MAT AND BE HARD TO COMB. IT WILL FREE DREAD.
- It tangles & mats so easily.
- You have to keep it wet to get the natural curl look.
- It is not easy to blow out and straighten.
- It drips black when you wet it... ewww.
- Ends get ratty very quick.