Last year I brought a Heutiful Hair Steamer. I did not want to do a detailed review because I wanted to use this product a few times. The steamer comes in 3 parts and they are very easy to put together. In this heutiful steamer video I show you how. This hair steamer is very nice, it has a clean look and is very efficient for... the top of your head. Unless you are really sitting under it which is super hot it potentially misses a good amount of your hair. If you have long hair, pin your hair up that way it can be under the steamer.
- The first time I used it I must have barely sat underneath it because the back and sides of my hair was dry.
- The second time I used it, I must have put too much conditioner on because it did not feel different than a shower cap at all.
- The third time I used it I randomly steamed my super dry hair. This time my whole head was wet and moisturized.
- The forth time i used it I sat all the way up so it can get to the back of my head and my sides, it worked, but not as well as the top of my head. It also hurts sitting all the way up. Steam can burn and the accumulation of the hood dripped in the middle of my head. OUCH! This time however the parts that have been getting throughly steamed the whole time... FELT GREAT!!! My hair was moisturized and I could tell my hair strands had moisture. When I used my leave in my hair smoothed down nicely. However, the back of my hair and sides was still not as "wet" or "steamed" as they should have been.
- Maybe my head is too big... -_-
- The next time I try this I'm going to open the vent ducts at the top and stick my head all the way in the steamer, or perhaps I will sit backwards and bend over, I don't know. I would like the rest of this great feeling all over my head.
If you have a small head and money to blow, treat yourself. But if not, do not buy it. This product is a luxury and not a necessity. I personally love it and I do not mind moving myself around to fit it, but if you don't want to work with it and wait for results, then don't buy it. If you have dry hair, and want to try something new, go for it. I think this will work well with protein treatments because they are so drying.